Wednesday, February 9, 2011

more than enough.



For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to do something great with my life.  Unique, right?  I'm a month into my second semester of college and I have less of an idea of what I want to do with my life than I ever have.  "that's normal."  "don't worry, I changed my major TONS of times."  I know it's supposed to be comforting, but it isn't.  What's wrong with not knowing what you want to do with your life?  I'm not convinced that anyone ever really does know, but I'm convinced that that's okay.  For now, all I can do is wake up every morning and pray that I follow what God wants of me that day.  But is that all I can ever do?  I hope so.  


I have this role model, her name is Ellen Degeneres.  I believe she has wisdom that we can all learn from.  She lives her life with a sense of simplicity


"For me, it's that I contributed, ... That I'm on this planet doing some good and making people happy. That's to me the most important thing, that my hour of television is positive and upbeat and an antidote for all the negative stuff going on in life." 

"I'm on this planet doing some good and making people happy"
       ...when it comes down to it, 
that's all I want from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment